In line with government and DfE advice we are adapting our offer to accommodate new policy regarding the current COVID-19 situation.
These are uncertain times and our priority will be to work with you to make the best decisions for your school and your students.
We are currently looking into ways that we can support schools, through outreach and online resources.
The centre is now open with limited staff. With the following measurements in place:
- We currently only accept contactless payments.
- We will be following the government guidance for schools; sanitation stations in each room and social distancing. With these in place face masks are not essential, but you are welcome to wear them if that makes you feel comfortable. We will also have disposable PPE (gloves, facemasks) available to buy from our front desk, should you require.
- For our Early Years, Mars Challenge and Friday STEM sessions, we ask that an adult accompany children throughout the session. As we cannot support multiple individuals and ensure that social distance is maintained.
- To reduce the opportunity for transfer, we will be opening the doors to the facility no sooner than the beginning of each session (ie 10am or 1pm).
- We will be cleaning the exhibits and withdrawing those that we cannot clean between sessions, to reduce contact where we can, so we are limiting the time available within the exhibit space.
- We will ask you to leave the building promptly after our sessions as we will need to undertake cleaning during the time between sessions, in order to ensure safety for all.
If you have any queries or need to discuss your upcoming visit with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that you all stay safe and healthy and that we will be welcoming you back to the STEM Discovery Centre soon.